Monday, April 19, 2010

Great Literature on the Go!

So, as everyone is bound to know by now, I'm completely infatuated with Sherlock Holmes. I bought the paperback versions of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Holmes stories but was faced pretty rapidly with the fact that I've got FAR too many books to read: CUUPs books, School books, Manga, Spiritual Books, ETC. There's just no way I see myself getting to my good old chaps Sherlock and John anytime soon. Plus I was lamenting the fact that I couldn't listen to my school books on the 2.5-3hr drive between Lakeland and Gainesville. I had tried to find some audio books recordings for Sherlock Holmes but the ones I had found just hadn't captured my interest, either they were too unprofessional or the British accent was so think I was having difficulties driving and listening on the fly.

I was about to give up on my Holmes-ie when I decided to try one more time and came across the audio book recording for 'A Study in Scarlet' made by Project Gutenberg. And let me tell you, it was perfect. Very clear (though it could have been louder there's not much helping that) and the narrator is splendid, I love his Holmes to death. ^.^

I guess to make a short post even shorter I'm just writing about this cause when I told Lyle that I had gotten my recordings from Project Gutenberg her was surprised and commented that he thought they only did digital books. So here's my pimping out of classical literature! If you're interested in some awesome classical literature in either digital or audio format, check out Project Gutenberg!

Archive.org's Project Gutenberg Page

Project Gutenberg's Main Page

Aika

1 comment:

  1. I have used Gutenberg for a decade and I never saw the audio section. I love having a young inquistive friend. Specially if she likes classic british stuff and disregarding the way she goes spastic at the movies whenever any exciting part hooks her ; )

    ReplyDelete